Premiere Deck BuildersConnecticut, Westchester, Putnam and Dutchess Counties
State of Connecticut: HIC.0554406, Putnam County: PC2505-A, Westchester: WC-19663-H07
LEADING DECK BUILDER
American Deck Co., the sister company of Katz Contracting LLC, is the leading deck builder in Connecticut, Westchester, Putnam and Dutchess Counties and has been given the distinction of an A+ Rating by the Better Business Bureau. We have been building wood, composite, and PVC decks since 1989 and we are fully licensed and insured in Connecticut and New York. We warranty our workmanship for three years in addition to the manufacturer's warranty on materials.
TOP RATED DECKS
We build exquisitely crafted, top rated decks in a variety of price ranges and materials. We build decks in pressure treated wood, cedar, mahogany, and IPE. We build composite decks from the leading brands in composite materials including Trex, Fiberon, Azek, and Timbertech, to name a few. We also build state of the art decks in 100% PVC with materials from all the top manufacturers, including Trex Escapes, Timbertech XLM, Fiberon Horizon, Trumarc and Azek.
PRESS RELEASESNew Trex® Transcend Innovates and Elevates Outdoor Living Category New Decking and Railing Couples Enduring Beauty and Unmatched Performance
WINCHESTER, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The best has just gotten better. Already the established industry leader, Trex Company (NYSE: TWP�- News) is expanding its portfolio of durable and beautiful outdoor living products with the new Trex Transcend� decking and railing system. This revolutionary collection boasts an unprecedented combination of performance and aesthetics guaranteed to outperform wood, composite and PVC for decades. Trex Transcend will begin shipping to distributor partners on Jan. 4, 2010 - with the product scheduled to roll-out at retailers nationwide in February.
"Trex Transcend is a game-changing product that quite simply exceeds all other materials in the marketplace," said Ron Kaplan, president and CEO of Trex, the nation's largest manufacturer of wood-alternative decking, railing, fencing and trim products. "Since inventing the concept of durable and low-maintenance outdoor living products nearly 20 years ago, we've consistently introduced design and manufacturing innovations that have secured Trex's position as the preferred brand among both consumers and professionals. With Transcend, we're combining all of the benefits of our existing collections with proprietary new technologies that offer unparalleled durability, wear-resistance and long-lasting good looks."
Engineered with an exclusive nine-element surface formulation, Trex Transcend decking combines a finish that resists stains, scratches and mold with a distinctive and natural-looking, high-definition wood grain pattern The key to Trex Transcend's extreme durability is its integrated shell, which is two to three times thicker than that of other manufacturers' products. Each board is protected on three sides for superior defense against severe weather, heavy foot traffic and everyday occurrences like wet planter pots, red wine rings, spilled food and dropped grilling tools. The underside of each board breathes to avoid surface separation and ensure lifelong endurance. As a result, consumers receive comfort and beauty without the maintenance issues of wood and the plastic-like appearance of PVC.
Like all Trex products, Transcend won't rot, warp, crack or splinter - and upkeep is hassle-free. The product requires no sanding, staining or painting, and its protective shell defends against fading while being extremely low maintenance. In fact, spills wash off easily with just soap and water. The entire Transcend decking collection is also backed by a 25-year Limited Fade and Stain Warranty that is unprecedented in the industry.
Trex Transcend is offered in four rich colors that are engineered right into the board - allowing for a deeper, more natural appearance and ensuring that the vibrancy and hue of the product will remain unchanged for decades to come. Each Trex Transcend deck board is available in two profile options - square and grooved. The grooved boards accommodate the Trex Hideaway®�Hidden Fastening System, which allows for a smooth, unfettered finish free of nails and other visible fasteners. The collection also includes a completely modular railing system that enables consumers to mix or match decking and railing components to create a customized look specifically tailored to their outdoor living areas. "Through Trex Transcend, we're elevating the entire decking category and creating new standards for performance and aesthetics," said Kaplan. "No alternative outdoor living product truly has delivered the benefits of both composite and PVC decking until now. That's why we're confident Trex Transcend is in a class of its own."
Trex extensively tested Transcend among 1,500 consumers and 500 contractors to ensure that it would deliver on its promise to be the best product on the marketplace. Transcend decking and railing also remain true to Trex's environmentally-friendly legacy - the decking contains 95 percent recycled content, and the railing uses entirely reclaimed wood, contributing to the LEED points of any residential or commercial structure. Trex saves approximately 600 million pounds of plastic and wood scrap from landfills each year and recycles approximately 1.5 billion plastic grocery bags - seven out of every 10 in the United States.Trex® Hideaway® Universal Hidden Fastener Offers Strength and Installation Ease
New Connector Clip Fits Majority of Wood-alternative Decking Boards
Designed specifically to meet decking contractor demand for increased ease and speed of assembly, the new Trex® Hideaway® Universal Hidden Fastener is approximately 40 percent stronger than traditional stainless steel fasteners and retails for half the price.
This extension to the popular Trex Hideaway Hidden Fastening System features a stainless steel screw already set in the fastener for increased durability and easier installation—even for contractors who do not have prior knowledge of the product. Offering a clean surface appearance, the Universal Hidden Fastener is a 1/4-inch self-gapping connector clip that may be installed from above the framework—rather than from underneath the actual deck.
"Our new Universal Hidden Fastener has several built-in benefits that will help building professionals increase their efficiency," said Adam Zambanini, senior product manager of decking at Trex, the nation's largest manufacturer of wood-alternative decking, railing and fencing. "The fastener may be used with both Trex and competitor decking—so contractors need only to purchase one fastener system for all of their jobs. It also makes it easier to replace damaged boards—even those in the middle of a deck—resulting in less time spent on callbacks."Trex® Expands TrexTrim® Portfolio with New Builder Profiles and Moulding
Extensive Lineup Offers Design Flexibility for Builders and Homeowners
Building upon past innovations and extensive experience selling to the builder channel, Trex will expand its TrexTrim® collection with the debut of several moulding and builder profiles at this year's International Builders' Show (IBS).
Originally introduced in 2007, TrexTrim features a proprietary cellular PVC technology that is uniform in color, density and dimensions and offers crisp lines, clean routed edges and low color fade over decades of use. With its combination of performance and aesthetics, TrexTrim provides homebuilders with superior workability for easy cutting, fastening and painting.
The expanded TrexTrim collection includes four builder profiles that may be installed over various styles of siding and kerfed to fit over flanges that surround windows. In addition, 16 new moulding SKUs in basic, crown, cove and casing profiles combine the details of wood mouldings with the longevity and durability of extruded PVC. All new mouldings and profiles feature the look and feel of existing TrexTrim products.
TrexTrim standard profile boards also boast an exclusive release film and SmoothEdge®
Advantage technology to guard against dirt and debris and reduce the potential for damage during shipping and installation. Furthermore, all TrexTrim is low-maintenance and backed by a 25-year limited warranty.
"The addition of a wide range of mouldings and builder profiles to complement our core TrexTrim offerings will give building professionals increased design flexibility and opportunities for profitability," said Lance Bunch, product manager for Trex, the leading brand of alternative decking, railing, fencing and trim. "The expansion also proves that Trex is serious about becoming a leader inTrex® Continues Support for Community "Green" Initiatives
Company Renews Strong Commitment to Local Recycling Programs
As the largest plastic bag recycler in the U.S., Trex® is a leader in environmental building products and remains committed to eco-friendly manufacturing processes. The company's recycling efforts are national in scope, with a variety of in-store collection programs delivering materials to Trex facilities. However, Trex also supports a multitude of recycling solutions on the local level, and will expand its commitment to backing "green" initiatives in communities across the country this year.
"Every year, Trex turns more than a billion recycled plastic bags into eco-friendly outdoor living products," said Amanda Harrington, recycling promotions coordinator at Trex, the leading brand of alternative decking, railing, fencing and trim products. "We're proud to support community programs that both aim to create a cleaner environment and educate individuals about how they can incorporate sustainability into their daily lives."
Trex recently participated in a variety of environmentally-focused programs impacting local communities across the nation, including:
- Air Park Products and Services—This state-operated business in Duluth, Minn., hires developmentally-disabled adults to collect, sort and bundle plastic bags. Since its inception in 2003, more than 4.5 million pounds of plastic bags and shrink-wrap film have been recycled. That recycled material equals approximately 252 million bags—which were made into 750,000 square feet of Trex decking. This program also has proven successful in Minneapolis-St. Paul, Mankato, St. Cloud and Hutchinson, Minn.
- "Bags for Bears"—School children in Athens-Clarke County, Ga., collected thousands of plastic bags used to manufacture Trex products for a bear habitat at the local zoo.
- "BagSmart"—Consumers in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and the New York City Metro Area recycle used plastic bags through the BagSmart program at their local grocery stores. These bags are collected and taken to Goodwill facilities, where they are sorted, baled and shipped to Trex to be repurposed into beautiful, lowmaintenance composite decking material.
- Chattahoochee Nature Center—Trex donated decking materials to the LEEDcertified Discovery Center in Roswell, Ga.—which encourages conservation through interactive exhibits. Trex provided product for the construction of the Discovery Lakeside Pavilion and the Green Roof deck. The open-air pavilion is an ideal outdoor space for festivals, student programs and community rentals.
- City of Solana Beach, Calif.—Trex worked with city officials to establish plastic bag collection sites around the city—including several at local grocery outlets, which are required by state law to provide the public with collection sites for recycled bags.
- "It's in the Bag"—Trex works closely with the Minnesota Waste Wise recycling program, which coordinates a number of state-wide processing centers—including employment centers for adults with disabilities who collect, sort and bale grocery bags from participating communities. The program also provides consumers the opportunity to recycle unwanted plastic bags at participating retail locations.
- National School Recycling Programs—Through more than 150 school recycling programs, students learn the importance of recycling and work with Trex to keep plastic bags out of landfills. Trex awards participating schools with benches and other outdoor living furniture made from recycled materials. These efforts recently earned Trex the 2009 Anti-Litter Award from Scenic Virginia, a private, non-profit organization. Trex was honored for its community recycling efforts with schools and has the distinction of being the sole commercial entity to receive this prestigious award—as well as the first corporation to ever win in the anti-litter category.
- Rhode Island Resource Recovery Corporation (RIRRC)—This drop-off program allows consumers to recycle bags, which are baled and stored by RIRRC and collected by Trex.
- Smart Home: Green+Wired" Exhibit—Trex donated decking products to the sustainable living home at the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago. The popular exhibit provides visitors the chance to check out the best products in ecofriendly living, and inspires them to incorporate "green" products into their own homes. In addition, Trex proudly supports efforts to recycle plastic bags on several different levels—including through local retailers, governments, schools and non-profits like Goodwill, Disabled Veterans Thrift Stores and Merrick.
"Using sustainable materials and green manufacturing processes is a policy that touches everything we do at Trex, and our commitment to salvaging and reusing materials begins at the local level," said Harrington.